Joseph Hocking is the Lutheran Librarian’s favorite Christian novelist. During his lifetime he was widely read and greatly beloved throughout the English speaking world. Most of his books deal in some way with the struggles and conflicts of living as a Christian in the modern world.
The Lutheran Library is republishing many of Joseph Hocking’s novels. If you have any of Hocking’s 50 “lost” books, please contact us.
The Mist on the Moors is one of Joseph Hocking’s early novels and a great story of early Cornwall, UK. Enjoy!
- 1 How the Mist Gathered
- 2 A Strange Visit to Altarnun Moors
- 3 How the Mist Thickened
- 4 The Face at Dreardowns’ Window
- 5 The Conversation between Peter Sleeman and Mrs. Foxwell
- 6 How Matters Came to a Crisis
- 7 The Prisoner’s Letter
- 8 How Joyce Patmore and Robert Tremain went from Dreardowns to Penliggle
- 9 The Story which Joyce Patmore Told
- 10 The Journey from Cornwall to Devonshire and Back
- 11 The Strange Meeting on the Moors
- 12 How the Mists were Cleared Away
- Lutheran Library edition first published: 2023
- Copyright: CC BY 4.0