“In throwing these various adventures together, I have followed as nearly as possible the actual course of my journeying from one country to another, so as to form the whole into a sort of continuous narrative, though in one case I jump from Brazil to Texas in order to bring in some relevant incidents which occurred long after the one related in the first part of the Brazilian story.
“Lacking, on the day I write these lines, but one month of completing my seventy-second year, it may well be that I shall not live to see this book published; yet I submit it to a generous public without fear of hostile criticism, because, from its utterly unpretentious character, it is not open to such. – W Thomson
A Lutheran Library “Extra”
“Extras” are entertaining or otherwise valuable books which don’t fit the regular publishing guidelines for the Lutheran Library. The editors hope you will find them worthwhile.
- Author’s Note.
- Chapter 1. My First Great Cat.
- Chapter 2. A Bobcat And A Pigeon-pie.
- Chapter 3. Little Manuel And The Jaguar.
- Chapter 4. The “Little Spotted Tiger.”
- Chapter 5. A Black Lion.
- Chapter 6. A Day In A Tree.
- Chapter 7. My First Lion-hunt.
- Chapter 8. A South African Leopard.
- Chapter 9. A Family Of Tigers.
- Chapter 10. How I Met The True Panther.
- Chapter 11. A Black Leopard.
- Chapter 12. Two Girls And A Tortoise-shell Tiger.