“The Reformation of the sixteenth century, which gave birth to Protestantism, was based on Scripture. It gave back to the world the Bible. It taught the Scriptures; it exposed the errors and corruptions of Rome by the use of the sword of the Spirit… We have suffered prophetic anti-papal truth to be too much forgotten. This generation is dangerously… indifferent to truth and error on points on which Scripture is tremendously decided and absolutely clear.
“[This book] will, it is hoped, open many minds to perceive that the Bible gives no uncertain sound as to Romanism, and that those who will be guided by its teachings must shun an apostasy against which the sorest judgments are denounced. — H. Grattan Guinness
About Henry Grattan Guinness
Henry Grattan Guinness (1835-1910) was an Irish Protestant Christian preacher, evangelist and author. He started Harley College, also known as the East London Missionary Training School. A traveling preacher, he drew thousands to hear him during the Ulster Revival of 1859. Rev. Guinness trained and sent hundreds of “faith missionaries” all over the world. [Wikipedia]
- Preface by Lutheran Librarian
- 1 The Daniel Foreview Of Romanism
- I. What is Romanism
- II. What Is The Reformation?
- III. What is Prophecy?
- 2 The Daniel Foreview Of Romanism (Second Part)
- 1 Its place.
- 2 Its time.
- 3 Its nature.
- 4 Its moral character.
- 5 Lawlessness was the next feature we noted in the little horn.
- 6 Systematic and long continued persecution of the saints is one of the most marked features of the little horn of the prophecy.
- 7 Its duration.
- 8 The doom of the predicted power.
- 3 Paul’s Foreview Of Romanism
- 1 Both are Roman.
- 2 Same Chronological Origin.
- 3 Both exalt themselves against God.
- 4 Both begin small.
- 5 Both claim to be teachers of men.
- 6 Both are persecutors.
- 4 John’s Foreview Of Romanism
- 5 Interpretation And Use Of These Prophecies In Pre-Reformation Times
- 6 Interpretation And Use Of These Prophecies In Reformation Times
- 7 Interpretation And Use Of These Prophecies In Post-Reformation Times
- 8 Double Foreview Of The Reformation
- A Line of Faithful Witnesses
- New Testament Prophecy Of The Reformation
- Separate Evangelic Church.
- Concluding Remarks On The Practical Bearing Of The Subject
Order a Printed Copy
Print Copy: Romanism and the Reformation by H Grattan Guinness - “Lutheran Librarian” edition
Download the eBook
PDF - [Formatted for Computer Use]
EPUB - [Apple, Kobo and other devices]
MOBI - [Kindle]
If you request an EPUB or MOBI version, you can expect to receive it within a few hours. If you don't hear back by the next day, check your spam or junk mail folder. This is especially true for yahoo mail.
You can also request a copy of this or any Lutheran Library e-book by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title and format you'd like.
Enjoy the book!
- Lutheran Library edition first published: 2020
- Updated: 2020-05-13 v 5.1 fixed typos.
- Copyright: CC BY 4.0