“…there are many people today who are wandering in doctrinal fogland, and do not know what they believe; or, if they think they have any real convictions, they have pared them down to what they call ‘the irreducible minimum.’ Many people of the so-called ‘modern mind’ have very small and short creeds. They are determined to accept as little on faith as is possible, and yet continue to have any faith at all.
“For our part, we are glad to say that we have a large creed — a large number of great and inspiring doctrines to which we hold with all our might. We believe the whole Bible, with all its body of doctrines taken at their face value, and that does not make a meager and emasculated creed… Says Paul: ‘I have fought a good fight; I have kept the faith.’ — Leander Keyser
On This Page
Level of Difficulty: Primer: No subject matter knowledge needed.
Preface by Lutheran Librarian
A Brief Explanation by Rev. Leander Keyser
A Brief Foreword [To the Second Part of This Volume]
1. The People Of The Advent. Rom 13:11-14. The First Sunday In Advent.
2. The Advent Spirit Of Unity. Rom. 15:4-13. The Second Sunday In Advent.
3. The Advent Rule Of Judgment. 1 Cor. 4:1-5. The Third Sunday In Advent.
4. An Advent Quartet Of Graces. Phil. 4:4-7. The Fourth Sunday In Advent.
5. The Real Christmas Message: The Grace That Truly Saves. Tit. 2:11-14. Christmas Day.
6. The After-Christmas Message: Sons Of God. Gal. 4:1-7. The First Sunday After Christmas.
7. New Year’s Greeting: May You Have The Joy Of True Faith! Gal. 3:23-29. The Circumcision Of Christ — New Year.
8. Warning And Comfort For Our Trials. 1 Pet. 4:12-19. Sunday After New Year
9. A Stirring Call To The Church. Isa. 60:1-6. The Epiphany Of Our Lord.
10. Golden Rules For Christian Living. Rom. 12:1-5. The First Sunday After The Epiphany
11. Divers Gifts And Graces And Their Proper Use. Rom. 12:6-16. The Second Sunday After The Epiphany.
12. Adding Virtue To Virtue. Rom. 12:16-21. The Third Sunday After The Epiphany.
13. The Greatest Grace Of All. Rom. 13:8-10. The Fourth Sunday After The Epiphany.
14. God’s Elect: What Kind Of People They Should Be. Col. 3:12-17. The Fifth Sunday After The Epiphany.
15. The Verity Of The Holy Scriptures. 2 Pet. 1:16-21. The Transfiguration Of Our Lord.
16. The Christian Race Course. 1 Cor. 9:24-10:5. Septuagesima Sunday.
17. Should A Man Defend Himself? 2 Cor. 11:19 — 12:9. Sexagesima Sunday.
18. The Primacy Of Christian Love. 1 Cor. 13:1-13. Quinquagesima Sunday.
19. A Prophet’s Directions For Keeping Lent. Joel 2:12-19. Ash Wednesday — The First Day In Lent
20. Winning Approval For The Pure Doctrine. 2 Cor. 6:1-10. The First Sunday In Lent.
21. The Pure Ethics Of The Christian Life. 1 Thess. 4:1-7. The Second Sunday In Lent.
22. The Divine Pattern. Eph. 5:1-9. The Third Sunday In Lent.
23. Which Do You Prefer? Freedom Or Bondage? Gal. 4:21-31. The Fourth Sunday In Lent.
24. Great Blessings Through The Great High Priest. Heb. 9:11-15. Passion Sunday.
25. The Humble Mind Of Christ. Phil. 2:5-11. Palmarum: The Sixth Sunday In Lent.
26. The Sacramental Feast. 1 Cor. 11:23-32. Thursday In Holy Week.
27. The Atoning Savior In Prophecy. Isa. 52:13-53:12. Good Friday.
28. How To Keep The Easter Festival. 1 Cor. 5:6-8. Easter Day. The Resurrection Of Our Lord.
29. The Victorious Life. 1 John 5:4-12. The First Sunday After Easter.
30. Christ’s Example In Suffering. 1 Peter 2:21-25. The Second Sunday After Easter.
31. More Practical Directions For Christian Living. 1 Pet. 2:11 — 20. The Third Sunday After Easter.
32. Whence Come All Good Things? James 1:16-21. The Fourth Sunday After Easter.
33. Hearing And Doing. James 1:22-27. The Fifth Sunday After Easter.
34. By The Right Hand Of God Exalted. Acts 1:1-11. The Ascension Of Our Lord.
35. Stewards Of The Manifold Grace Of God. 1 Pet. 4:7-11. The Sunday After The Ascension.
36. The Baptism Of Spiritual Power. Acts 2:1-13. The Festival Of Pentecost. Whitsunday.
37. Depths That Cannot Be Fathomed. Rom. 11:33-36. The Festival Of The Holy Trinity.
38. Divine And Human Love. 1 John 4:16-21. The First Sunday After Trinity.
39. The Contrast Between Love And Hate. 1 John 3:13-18. The Second Sunday After Trinity.
40. Graces That Are Enhanced By Grace. 1 Pet. 5:6-11. The Third Sunday After Trinity.
41. Redemption For Nature And For Man. Rom. 8:18-23. He Fourth Sunday After Trinity.
42. Zealous For The Good. 1 Pet. 3:8-15. The Fifth Sunday After Trinity.
43. A Paradox: Christian People Are Both Dead And Alive. Rom. 6:3-11. The Sixth Sunday After Trinity.
44. Contrasts Between The Old Life And The New. Rom. 6:19-23. The Seventh Sunday After Trinity.
45. The Blessings Of Adoption. Rom. 8:12-17. The Eighth Sunday After Trinity.
46. How To Use Old Testament History. 1 Cor. 10:6-13 The Ninth Sunday After Trinity.
47. Unity In Diversity. 1 Cor. 12:1-11. The Tenth Sunday After Trinity.
48. The Essence Of The Gospel. 1 Cor. 15:1-10. The Eleventh Sunday After Trinity.
49. The Difference Between The Letter And The Spirit. 2 Cor. 3:4-11. The Twelfth Sunday After Trinity.
50. The Sure Covenant Of Grace. Gal. 3:15-22. The Thirteenth Sunday After Trinity.
51. Two Kinds Of Fruit — Carnal And Spiritual. Gal. 5:16-24. The Fourteenth Sunday After Trinity.
52. The Spirit-Directed Life. Gal. 5:25-6:1-10. The Fifteenth Sunday After Trinity.
53. A Great Cause And Its Great Results. Eph. 3:13-21. The Sixteenth Sunday After Trinity.
54. The Greatest Vocation In The World. Eph. 4:1-6. The Seventeenth Sunday After Trinity.
55. An Apostle’s Reasons For Gratitude. 1 Cor. 1:4-9. The Eighteenth Sunday After Trinity.
56. A Change Of Spiritual Raiment. Eph. 4:22-28. The Nineteenth Sunday After Trinity.
57. How To Walk Circumspectly. Eph. 5:15-21. The Twentieth Sunday After Trinity.
58. The Christian Soldier And His Panoply. Eph. 6:10-17. The Twenty-First Sunday After Trinity.
59. Joyful Thanksgiving And Prayer. Phil. 1:3-11. The Twenty-Second Sunday After Trinity.
60. The Earthly And The Heavenly Mind. Phil. 3:17-21. The Twenty-third Sunday After Trinity.
61. A Prayer That Was A True Prayer. Col. 1:9-14. The Twenty-fourth Sunday After Trinity.
62. The Resurrection Hope. 1 Thess. 4:13-18. The Twenty-Fifth Sunday After Trinity.
63. The Scoffer’s Creed Versus The Believer’s Creed. 2 Pet. 3:3-14. The Twenty-sixth Sunday After Trinity.
64. The Lord’s Second Coming — An Impending Crisis. 1 Thess. 5:1-11. The Twenty-Seventh Sunday After Trinity.
65. The Festival Of The Reformation. The Central Principle And Its Results. Gal. 2:15-21.
66. Luther A Chosen Vessel Unto The Lord. Acts 9:15. Luther’s Birthday.
67. Bountiful Receiving, Bountiful Giving, Bountiful Living. 2 Cor. 9:6-11. The Festival Of Harvest.
68. Good Reasons For National Gratitude. 1 Tim. 2:1-8. A Day Of General Or Special Thanksgiving.
69. Our Lord’s Missionary Program. Acts 1:8. The Festival Of Missions.
70. The Cure For All Our Trouble. St. John 14:1. In Memory Of The Dead.
If you request an EPUB or MOBI version, you can expect to receive it within a few hours. If you don't hear back by the next day, check your spam or junk mail folder. This is especially true for yahoo mail.
You can also request a copy of this or any Lutheran Library e-book by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title and format you'd like.