"He vindicates his right to use the talent which God has given him for the instruction and interest of the thousands who read his works." — New York Evangelist.
"The hero is simple, strong, and manly; much such a man as Mr. Lincoln must have been had he turned his attention to theology instead of politics." — New York World.
"It is surprising to find how genuinely interesting his stories always are. There is nothing of the vulgarly sensational about them." — Eclectic Magazine.
- 1 A Practical Joke.
- 2 The Victim.
- 3 Puzzled And Interested.
- 4 A Little Pagan.
- 5 Plain Talk.
- 6 A Sleigh-ride And Something More.
- 7 Another Spell Than Beauty’s.
- 8 Finding One’s Level.
- 9 “The Other Set.”
- 10 Human Nature.
- 11 A Possible Tragedy.
- 12 Miss Marsden Asks Sombre Questions.
- 13 A Lover Quenched.
- 14 Lottie A Mysterious Problem.
- 15 Hemstead Sees “Our Set.”
- 16 How Woman Makes Or Mars.
- 17 Midnight Vigils.
- 18 Hemstead’s Heavy Gun And Its Recoil.
- 19 The Preacher Taught By The Pagan
- 20 The Dawning Light.
- 21 Misunderstood.
- 22 “You Must Wait And See.”
- 23 A Rationalist Of The Old School.
- 24 The Terror Of A Great Fear.
- 25 A True Knight.
- 26 On A Crumbling Ice-floe.
- 27 The Meeting And Greeting.
- 28 The Trail Of Love.
- 29 Hemstead’s Advice, And Lottie’s Colors.
- 30 Around The Yule-log.
- 31 Under The Mistletoe.
- 32 The Christmas Sunday.
- 33 The End Of The “Jest.”
- 34 Loyal.
- 35 Mr. Dimmerly Concludes To “Meddle.”
- 36 A Night In The Snow.
- 37 In Earnest.
- Copyright Information
Download the eBook
Legacy MOBI (If EPUB or AZW3 won’t work on your device)
You can expect your book to arrive within a few hours. If you don't find it, check your spam or junk mail folder. You can also request a copy of this or any Lutheran Library e-book by sending an email with the book's title and format.
Enjoy the book!
- Lutheran Library edition first published: 2019-09-23
- Updated: 2019-09-23
- Copyright: CC BY 4.0