“Beloved hearers in Christ the risen Lord: –
“God is Judge. He proclaims in this same lesson that He will sit in judgment. “Let the heathen be wakened, and come to the valley of Jehoshaphat; for there will I sit to judge all the heathen roundabout. Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe; come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great. Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision; for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.” God is Judge, and on the great Judgment Day he will not try to save you. There is no chance there for Holy Baptism; there is no chance there for catechetical instruction; there is no chance there for deliberation about what you must do to be saved. The Judgment Day will not convert people, it will only let the whole world know who was converted, who was regenerated. The Judgment Day will simply state the facts that have been long before. – From Chapter 1
From the Introduction
“The capacity to set before the people sound and wholesome theological truths in plain unambiguous speech, is something to be coveted by every preacher of Righteousness. The man in whom there is united soundness in doctrine and lucid and homely force of statement, has within himself the possibility of unusual effectiveness as a preacher. Such a man we take the author of these sermons to be.” – David H. Bauslin
- About the Author, Simon Peter Long (1860-1929)
- 1 The Valley Of Decision. Joel 3:14.
- 2 Jesus Is The Way And The Only Way To The Father. The Bible Knows No Other Way.
- 3 The Law Knows No Other Way. John 14:4-6.
- 4 Faith Knows No Other Way. John 14:4-6.
- 5 Prayer Knows No Other Way. John 14:4-6.
- 6 Baptism Knows No Other Way. John 14:6.
- 7 Confession And Absolution Know No Other Way.
- 8 The Lord’s Supper Knows No Other Way.
- Question Box.
Download the Book
If the links fail to work on your device, send a request to: editor at lutheranlibrary dot org