An excellent collection of 57 sermons were delivered by Revs. Lenski, Tressel, Schuh, Gohdes, Bauslin, Troutman, Long and others. Particularly good are numbers 12, 19, 22, 30, 38, and 45.
On This Page
Where God’s Fountains Of Comfort Flow
“You are today directed to God’s Word by God’s servant. You are told where God’s fountains of comfort flow. You are being pointed to the green pastures and the living waters of God’s Word.
“If you go to these fountains today, and find comfort and consolation, will you not go there after today also? Will you not more than ever before taste and see how good the Lord is? I hope you will do this. But if you will make the Word of God henceforth your daily study, it will bring you unspeakable blessings. It will increase and preserve your faith. It will give you hope. It will turn you from the allurements of the world to the one thing needful, to Christ and his righteousness. Is this not good? Is it not a mark of God’s love? With this before you, can you not find comfort in the abiding love of God? Can you not, though it be with streaming eyes, say:
Nothing, I am certain, can turn God’s love away from me, and now I pray God, that this affliction may not turn my love away from him, but may lead me to cling to him with childlike confidence.”
– From “The Abiding Love Of God As The True Source Of Comfort In Our Sorrows” By Rev. J. H. Schneider
Contents of the Book (357 pages)
1. God’s Will For Our Little Ones By Rev. Prof. R. C. H. Lenski, D. D.
2. The Heavenly Father’s Way With The Little Children By Rev. Walter E. Tressel, A. M.
3. Saving Life By Taking Life By Rev. C. B. Gohdes
4. It Is Well With The Child By Prof. J. N. Kildahl
5. Jesus And The Children By Rev. Albert T. W. Steinhaeuser, D. D.
6. Jesus’ Love For Children By Rev. G. J. Troutman
7. “It Is Well” By Rev. J. W. Schillinger
8. The Two Sides Of God’s Providence By Rev. L. H. Schuh, Ph. D.
9. Death And Sleep – A Comparison And A Contrast By Rev. George J. Gongoware
10. God Is Love By Rev. W. E. Schramm
11. The Savior’s Word Of Comfort To Sorrowing Parents By Rev. H. J. Schuh
12. Jesus Loveth Little Children By Rev. M. R. Walter
13. The Sorrow Of Christian Parents Over The Death Of A Beloved Child By Rev. H. J. Schuh
14. Jesus Christ Is The Conqueror Of Death By Rev. L. H. Schuh, Ph. D.
15. Jesus Is Lord Of Our Dead By Prof. G. J. Zeilinger
16. Jehovah Hath Put A New Song In My Mouth By Rev. Walter E. Tressel, A. M.
17. A Group Of Godly Men As Mourners By Rev. W. E. Schramm
18. Come Unto Me By Rev. Walter E. Tressel, A. M.
19. The Way To A Happy Home By Rev. H. P. Dannecker
20. The Silver Cord Is Loosed, The Golden Bowl Is Broken By Rev. J. H. Kuhlman
21. Be Thou Faithful Unto Death By Rev. Walter E. Tressel, A. M.
22. The Comfort Of Christian Mourners In The Hour Of Affliction By Rev. H. P. Dannecker
23. I Am The Resurrection And The Life By Rev. Walter E. Tressel, A. M.
24. What Comfort Do The Scriptures Give Us Concerning Our Dead? By Rev. L. H. Schuh, Ph. D.
25. The Abiding Love Of God As The True Source Of Comfort In Our Sorrows By Rev. J. H. Schneider
26. God’s Standard Of Greatness By Rev. C. B. Gohdes
27. Thus Saith The Lord By Rev. W. E. Schramm
28. Our Conversation By Rev. Simon Peter Long, D. D.
29. A Vision Of Heaven By Rev. G. J. Troutman.
30. Who Will Enter The Kingdom Of Heaven? By Rev. G. J. Troutman.
31. The Path Of Life By Rev. W. R. Walter
32. Faithfulness Is The Crowning Glory Of The Lord’s Servants By Rev. L. H. Schuh, Ph. D.
33. The Illumination Of Death By Rev. Prof. David H. Bauslin, D. D.
34. The Mystery Of Death Is Solved By Rev. J. W. Schillinger
35. The Word Of God As The Only Source Of True Comport In Affliction By Rev. H. J. Schuh
36. What Must I Do To Be Saved? By Rev. L. H. Schuh, Ph. D.
37. The Heavenly Emigrant By Rev. Frederick B. Clausen
38. The Lively Hope By Rev. Prof. George Rygh
39. The Christian’s Knowledge Inadequate To Solve Every Problem By Rev. G. J. Troutman
40. Life Here And Hereafter By Rev. Wm. Brenner
41. I Know That My Redeemer Liveth By Rev. Walter E. Tressel, A. M.
42. Behold, The Bridegroom Cometh! By Rev. W. Hoppe, D. D.
43. The Christian’s Comfort In View Of Death By Prof. J. Stump, D. D.
44. The Nation’s Duty At Its Chieftain’s Bier By Rev. W. N. Harley
45. The Blessedness Of Those Who Die In The Lord By Rev. W. N. Harley
46. The Death Of A Christian Mother By Rev. H. J. Schuh
47. Stones Rolled Away By Rev. A. K. Bell
48. Faith Beholds The Glory Of God By Rev. H. J. Schuh
49. The Blessings Of God In The Life Of The Departed By Rev. H. J. Schuh
50. What Lightens The Farewell Of A Christian Father From His Loved Ones In The Hour Of Death? By Rev. H. J. Schuh
51. A Joyous Cry At The Approach Of Death By Rev. W. E. Tressel
52. What Makes The Christian Willing To Depart? By Rev. L. H. Schuh, Ph. D.
53. Our Departure By Rev. M. K. Hartmann
54. Ripening For God’s Garner By Rev. C. K. Solberg
55. The Christian’s Comfort In The Hour Of Death By Rev. L. H. Schuh, Ph. D.
56. A Soft And Downy Pillow For Our Dying Bed By Rev. R. C. H. Lenski
57. A Prayer And A Promise For Old Age By Rev. J. Sittler
If you request an EPUB or MOBI version, you can expect to receive it within a few hours. If you don't hear back by the next day, check your spam or junk mail folder. This is especially true for yahoo mail.
You can also request a copy of this or any Lutheran Library e-book by sending an email to email@example.com with the title and format you'd like.